Loading... Please wait...
  • New Roots Beta-Carotene 25,000 IU, 90 Softgels | NutriFarm.ca

New Roots Beta-Carotene 25,000 IU, 90 Softgels

$19.88 $17.89
(You save $1.99)
SKU:
0440774
Quantity:

Product Description

New Roots herbal’s natural Beta-Carotene contains only the highest-quality blend of natural carotenoids derived from the sea algae Dunaliella salina. 

 

Ingredients

Each softgel contains:
100% natural mixed carotenoids from Dunaliella salinabeta-Carotene (provitamin A) 25,000 IU
Also contains alpha-carotene, cryptoxanthin, lutein, and zeaxanthin.
Also contains:Sunflower oil and olive oil.

 

Suggested Use

Take 1 softgel daily as directed by your health-care practitioner.

 

Detailed Description

beta-Carotene is a precursor to vitamin A as well as a potent antioxidant providing other protective functions in the body. Vitamin A is essential for many functions in the human body including vision, growth, bone development, tooth development, maintenance of healthy epithelial tissues, protection against cancer, and reproduction, as well as coenzyme and hormone roles. Although vitamin A has toxic effects at high doses, beta-carotene (and other carotenoids) have no known toxicity. Though beta-carotene may be the best known of the carotenes, approximately 500 of them have been identified, and their health benefits are just beginning to be recognized. beta-Carotene and other carotenoids act as antioxidants in the body, protecting the body from the harmful effects of free radicals.

New Roots Herbal uses a natural algae form of beta-carotene. Dunaliella salina is salt-water microalgae that accumulates massive amounts of carotenoids under appropriate growth conditions. beta-Carotene, a vital antioxidant, constitutes about 90% of these; the other 10% are made up of alpha-carotene and xanthophylls like lutein, zeaxanthin, and cryptoxanthin—the same carotenoids found in fruits and vegetables. However, the amount of beta-carotene found in D. salina is many times more than in fruits and vegetables.

Unlike synthetic beta-carotene, the beta-carotene in D. salina is a mixture of two stereoisomers: all-trans and 9-cis (synthetic beta-carotene has only the all-trans isomer). 9-cis-beta-Carotene is a powerful antioxidant. It is well-known that it contributes significantly to the health maintenance effect of natural carotenoids.

Synthetic beta-carotene does not provide the antioxidant benefits that natural beta-carotene does, because it contains only the trans isomer (“isomer” refers to the different shapes of the same vitamin). The trans isomer is converted to vitamin A by the body, and has little antioxidant benefit. Some of the controversy over beta-carotene studies in the past came when researchers made the mistake of assuming beta-carotene was the only beneficial carotene out of over 500 varieties occurring in food.

Natural beta-carotene from D. salina algae is a 100% natural source of beta-carotene and is approximately half trans and half cis isomers; the cis isomer is the more protective form of beta-carotene. The higher amount of cis isomer occurs because it is grown in the sun in clean ocean waters.

The US National Cancer Institute (NCI) recommends the consumption of 5–6 servings of fruits and vegetables in a day to get the required daily 4–5 mg of beta-carotene. However, with our current lifestyle, it may not be possible to eat right every day and most do not get this amount. The answer is natural carotenoids from D. salina.

New Roots Herbal’s natural beta-carotene contains only the highest quality blend of carotenoids derived from the sea algae D. salina. The carotenoid content of this source is a blend of the six naturally occurring carotenoids that are commonly found in various fruits and vegetables. The ingredients are suspended in soybean oil and contained within a soft gelatin- and glycerin-based capsule.

 

Product Reviews

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

Customers also viewed

Related Products

Click the button below to add the New Roots Beta-Carotene 25,000 IU, 90 Softgels to your wish list.

Name: Nutrifarm

Phone: 416-665-4046 (Local) / 1-800-786-5147 (Toll-Free)

Address: #14 - 877 ALNESS ST, Toronto, Ontario M3J 2X4