Organic Traditions Dark Chia Seeds, 454 g
- Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
- A high source of Fiber with 5 grams per serving
- A source of Calcium and Iron
- A vegetarian source of beneficial Omega-3 with 3 grams per serving
- A delicious addition to smoothies and trail mixes
- No added flavors, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers, excipients, oils or coatings
A gluten free superseed, chia seeds are a source of Calcium and Iron, a high source of Fiber, and provide 3 grams of vegetarian Omega-3 per 1 heaping tablespoon 15 gram serving. Chia seeds also contain protein, essential vitamins and minerals and a host of antioxidants, giving them an ORAC value of 1,200 per 1 heaping tablespoon 15 gram serving. The ORAC value is a measurement of the antioxidant capacity of different foods. It is said that Aztec warriors would consume a mixture of Chia and water during hunting trips to ensure stamina and endurance. These mild, nutty seeds are a fast and simple way to enhance your daily diet with an extra boost of dense superfood nutrition.
Allergen Information: Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free.
Storage Information: Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Key Features and Benefits:
• Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
• A high source of Fiber with 5 grams per serving
• A source of Calcium and Iron
• A vegetarian source of beneficial Omega-3 with 3 grams per serving
• A delicious addition to smoothies and trail mixes
• No added flavors, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers, excipients, oils or coatings
Simply add Chia seeds to everything you eat to reduce the glycemic load of any recipe. Take up to 5 tablespoons of Chia per day. Be sure to drink adequate water. Chia’s neutral taste will nutritionally enhance all meals without altering the original flavor. Add 1-2 tablespoons of Chia to smoothies, desserts, yogurt, cereal, berries, on top of salads and all savory dishes. Make puddings, sauces and dressings. Chia remains stable even when incorporated into soups, oatmeal and baked goods. Use as a flour substitute or as a natural thickening agent. Vegetarians can even use it as an egg replacement by creating a gel. Simply combine 2 tablespoons of Chia to 1 cup of cold water. A ½ cup of gel replaces roughly one egg. Add 1-2 tablespoons of Organic Traditions Chia seeds to your favorite smoothie recipe to create a nourishing, antioxidant rich smoothie.
Certified Organic Whole Black Chia Seeds (Salvia hispanica).
Dark Chia seeds.
Posted by Francoise on 2020 Aug 19th
I wouldn't do without it. My life sure has changed since I'm taking it and no negativity from my doctor.
Customers also viewed