PASCOE NEURAPAS balance, 100 tabs
To promote a healthy, balanced mood.
- Dry extract (4.6-6.5:1) of St. John`s wort - 60 mg
- Dry extract (3.8-5.6:1) of valerian root - 28 mg
- Dry extract (6.25-7.1:1) of passion flower herb - 32 mg
Dosage and administration:
- Adults, children (≥ 12 years): 2 tablets 2-3 times daily.
- Children (6-11 years): 1 tablet 1-3 times daily.
- Tablets should be swallowed whole with a little water.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Patients with signs and symptoms of depression should seek medical advice for appropriate treatment.
- If you are a light-skinned or photosensitive person, please pay attention to the side effects. Persons using this product should avoid
excessive sunbathing or the use of sunbeds or solariums.
- This product should be discontinued at least 10 days prior to elective surgery due to the potential for interactions with medicines used during
general and regional anaesthesia.
- You must contact a health care practitioner if your symptoms worsen or do not improve after 14 days.
- Consumption with alcohol, other drugs or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended.
- Consult a health care practitioner if sleeplessness persists continously for more than 3 weeks (chronic insomnia).
- Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen or if you experience sleep disturbances.
- Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery or driving a motor vehicle or participating in activities requiring mental alertness within
2 hours of consumption.
Medicines containing St. John’s wort have been observed to interact with the following medicines, reducing their effects:
- oral anticoagulants (blood thinning medicines) of the coumarin type (warfarin and phenprocoumon)
- drugs that suppress transplant rejection reactions: such as cyclosporin, tacrolimus for internal use, sirolimus.
- digoxin (drug for heart failure)
- drugs for the treatment of HIV infections and AIDS
- protease inhibitors such as indinavir
- non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors such as nevirapine
- cytotoxic drugs such as imitanib, irinotecan, except for monoclonal antibodies
- verapamil (drug for the treatment of heart rhythm disorders, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, cluster headaches,
heart muscle disease)
- cholesterol lowering drugs such as simvastatin
- various drugs for depression, such as amitriptyline, nortriptyline, midazolam
- hormonal birth control pills
Patients taking NEURAPAS® balance together with a medicine that contains any of the above mentioned drugs should ask their doctor for advice.
Patients taking this medicine together with certain antidepressants (such as paroxetine, sertraline, trazodone), which inhibit serotonin re-uptake,
may experience more pronounced serotonergic effects (such as nausea, vomiting, anxiety, restlessness, confusion).
Patients taking this medicine together with other medicines that increase the skin’s sensitivity to light may experience increased injury from light
exposure (see ‘Possible side effects’).
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!