New Roots L-Cysteine 500 mg, 50 Capsules
This precursor to glutathione depletes at a high rate in smokers and may be related to aging of skin. It is a potent antioxidant amino acid.
|Each vegetable capsule contains:|
|lCysteine hydrochloride||500 mg|
l-Cysteine can be obtained from dietary protein or synthesized from the amino acid l-methionine. It is directly depleted by cigarette smoking, and its depletion may be partially related to the faster aging of skin in smokers. l-Cysteine can act as an antioxidant and may prevent liver diseases.
l-Cysteine is a sulfur-containing amino acid which, together with glycine and glutamic acid, forms the all-important antioxidant glutathione. l-Cysteine contributes to the formation of protein in our bodies. It plays a role in energy metabolism, both by being able to convert to glucose and be used as fuel, as well as by playing a part in the synthesis of fatty acids. It acts in the liver to help detoxify carcinogens and other dangerous chemicals.
Cysteine is essential for T-cell proliferation and activation in your immune system. Cysteine is a major component of skin, hair, and nails. Studies show that cysteine supplementation can increase hair-shaft diameter and hair growth density in some cases of hair loss.
Cysteine may be used to:
- Help with skin health;
- Stop hair loss and aid hair growth;
- Aid wound healing from injuries, burns, or surgery;
- Help protect us from the adverse effects of alcohol consumption, cigarette smoking, and other chemicals;
- Support the liver when there are liver disorders;
- Enhance absorption of iron;
- Ameliorate chemical-sensitivity reactions;
- Promote the production of red and white blood cells; and
- Support cartilage (as a precursor to chondroitin sulfate).
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed