- » Preparing for the Winter Months with stronger immune system
- » Improve Your Children’s Health and Nutrition with NutriFarm
- » Get Healthier Looking Hair with Natural Shampoos from NutriFarm
- » NutriFarm and Pre Natal Care: Part 3
- » NutriFarm and Prenatal Care Part 2: Folic Acid and Omega 3 Fatty Acids
NutriFarm and Pre Natal Care: Part 3
Posted on 2016 Aug 4th
NutriFarm and Pre Natal Care: Part 3
Our third and final installment of this series is going to focus on probiotics and iron supplements. Probiotics are living microorganisms that support the good bacteria or flora in your gut and intestines and defend off the bad bacteria. Probiotics help to promote this balanced environment in the body – which is highly necessary during the stages of pregnancy. They can be found in foods such as cultured yogurt however; many people take additional probiotic supplements to ensure they are getting adequate amounts.
The three most commonly used probiotic strains are Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, and Saccharomyces. They support digestive health and particularly for pregnant women, help to lower the chance of infections and ease constipation and diarrhea.
Iron is essential at all stages during life but particularly during pregnancy. It supports an increased maternal red blood cell mass that is passed on to the growing fetus and placenta. It is also attributed to enhancing normal brain development. In the third trimester, iron is especially important as the fetus builds up its own iron storage to use for the first six months of its life.
The Canadian Journal of Obestetrics and Gynecology Canada presented that 45 to 93% of midwives prescribed some form of natural health products to expecting mothers. This is because many women unfortunately do not get the adequate levels of probitotics, iron and other necessary vitamins and minerals for a healthy pregnancy, solely from their food intake.
Without further ado, we will present our probiotic and iron supplements at Nutrifarm.
Renew Life presents a once-a-day probiotic that blends 50 billion active cultures from 10 different strains.
- Ensures your internal body has a healthy micro-bacterial environment
- Creates healthy flora in the intestinal tract
- Is a high potency probiotic supplement
- Is perfect to use after antibiotics to re-strengthen the body
- Helps with chronic digestive issues
SISU has created a high-dose, single-strain probiotic that is clinically proven to help abdominal pain and symptoms associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
New Roots capsules contain:
- Is a small capsule that can be taken once a day
- Features 30 billion live beneficial bacteria
- Is safe for children
- Eliminates nausea, diarrhea and side effects of antibiotics
- Withstands stomach acid, stimulates protective intestinal mucus and inhibits pathogens
- Is the only strain that promotes biodiversity in the intestines
Spatone is a natural iron-rich mineral water divided into easy-to-use sachets. It is packed straight from the source in Snowdonia, North Wales in the UK. Aside from filtration, this product is completely natural and has been untampered to preserve its composition. With no additional ingredients or processes, this product is perfect for those who have allergies or sensitivities.
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Contains no artificial colours
- Gluten Free
- A bioavailable source of iron for the body
- Gentle on the stomach
- Gentle enough to use during pregnancy and prevents iron deficiency
This iron supplement by AOR, contains Iron among other vitamins and minerals that feature trace amounts of iron like Lactoferrin, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Copper Citrate.
AOR’s Iron Vegetable Capsules also…
- Feature no wheat, gluten, corn, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds or sulphites, mustard, eggs, or any type of fish
- Must be taken a few hours before other medications
It’s also important to note that any prenatal multi-vitamin or mineral supplements taken along with this product could result in diarrhea, constipation or nausea because it is a high-intake of iron. It’s best to talk to your physician or midwife in advance.
If you are looking for anything in particular, you can view our entire catalogue of probiotics, iron supplements and our range of additional pregnancy products. We wish you a safe and healthy pregnancy from Nutrifarm!