- » Preparing for the Winter Months with stronger immune system
- » Improve Your Children’s Health and Nutrition with NutriFarm
- » Get Healthier Looking Hair with Natural Shampoos from NutriFarm
- » NutriFarm and Pre Natal Care: Part 3
- » NutriFarm and Prenatal Care Part 2: Folic Acid and Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Spring is Finally Here – and with it come Spring Allergies
Posted on 2016 Apr 7th
The winter weather has cleared, and now the trees and flowers are getting ready to bloom. Spring is breathtakingly beautiful as we see everything begin anew – but for many allergy suffers it is the most daunting part of the year.
When pollen hits an allergy-sensitive person’s immune system, it mistakenly thinks something is attacking it. The body then flares up into a defensive mode to fight off the intruder and releases histamine, which causes mild to moderate symptoms such as watery and itchy eyes, a runny nose and congestion. Some people may even have difficulty breathing and skin irritation.
The sneezing fits and coughing spells can be rather debilitating and exhausting, and since your immune system is preoccupied will allergens, it leaves plenty of room for your defenses to be weakened by infections.
Over-the-counter medications might be good for when you need a quick fix, but all allergy sufferers know that they can only help for so long, and their cost can really add up. While they do help to lower histamine levels, the reduction of allergy symptoms in this case only last for a limited period of time. Why not get to the root of the problem?
At NutriFarm, we understand how awfully uncomfortable seasonal allergies can be. We have a range of products that promote a normal immune response to allergens so you can get yourself to an allergy-free place in your life.
Below are five products we recommend for seasonal allergy sufferers:
- Quercetin – Offered by AOR and New Roots Quercetin is a bioflavonoid that is found in many kinds of trees, barks, flowers, and vegetables. It is known for stabilizing the membranes of specific immune cells to prevent them from releasing histamines. It also blocks enzymes that are responsible for producing inflammatory molecules that sensitize the body’s pain receptors reducing migraines and headaches.
- AllerQue – Similarly to Quercetin, AllerQue contains ingredients that work at various levels to block allergic responses to prevent histamine by decreasing the production and activation of immune cells that contribute to allergic and inflammatory pathways. By reducing congestion, it promotes lung ventilation and restores the respiratory system.
- Bell Allergy Relief – Infused with basil, sage, calming peppermint and rosemary, Bell Allergy Relief is ideal for year-round allergy sufferers. Notable levels of rosmarinic acid balance histamine levels in the body and helps to calm and restore the immune response.
- St. Francis Herb Farm – Deep Immune by St. Francis Herb Farm provides a formula that is used in herbal medicine to help relieve seasonal allergy symptoms. It is an adaptogen that helps you keep a healthy immune system as well. It has gentle homeopathic ingredients and allergy-relieving herbs that provides non-drowsy relief for itchy eyes, sneezing, congestion and any discomfort associated with hay fever.
- Pascoe Natural Medicine – Pascallerg is another homeopathic remedy that conquers allergy symptoms like hay fever, sneezing, wheezing, dyspnea and itching of the skin and the eyes.
This spring, give your immune system the support it needs to conquer allergies, and be sure check out our other spring specials!